Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Monday, October 03, 2005

Afghan progress

Saturday I worked 8 rows on the diamond trellis, with the thread it's hard to see that I made any progress.
I also started on the afghan. I made 7 daisy hexagons and joined them into a strip, and then started on one edge and did 5 rows of ripple. Then on the opposite side, I started the ripple which will become the main body of the afghan. I finished about 1/4 or 1/3 of the afghan by last night. My daughter sat down beside me on the couch and went gaga over the afghan, "beautiful, gorgeous, colors great, best ever". That feels good!
I have just promised to make her a poncho, as she is heading to Ancorage Alaska to work for 6 months. She is to look at the Homespun today and start thinking about colors. Wait, she's leaving in about 2 weeks, and I have this afghan to finish for a wedding before that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home