Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Status of Must Have Blouse

WooHoo! It's finished! It's definitly a nice looking garment. I threw it in the washer and dryer hoping that the top shrinks the same percentage as my swatch.
As soon as it went into the washer, I had hook, yarn and pattern and started on the next project. It's called Glittering Gold Shawl from 24-hour Crochet Projects by Rita Weiss. I may need to rename the pattern, as I'm working it up in Paton's Brilliant black with silver. It's for daughter #1, the opera stage manager. She's leaving for Europe in 2 weeks.
Then we need to get busy and sew the skirt to go with the corset. The skirt itself won't take too long, but we bought a lot of black braid & other trim. Hope I can attach it all with the machine, and don't have to hand sew all that trim.

1 Comments:

At Monday, July 11, 2005, Blogger Shari C. said...

I too finished the "Must Have Blouse" and made it out of alpaca yarn. Sooo soft. I'll probably have to handwash it everytime, but it turned out nice.

(Shari)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home