Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Shawl progress

I haven't posted recently, but have been working steadily on the glittery shawl. It's about 3/4 finished.
I posted several messages to the Tunisian crochet group that I belong to on Yahoo. We were discussing Tunisian patterns for shawls for a Shawl Ministry. I gave links to the home page of "Shawl Ministry" and to my

"Tunisan Shawl"
pattern at that site. ARNie asked if she could add the links to her site. COOL!
Since today was the July meeting of the Shawl Ministry at our church, I spent most of the afternoon finishing the Tunisian Sampler shawl in purple variegated Homespun. It was fun learning some new stitches. I learned that not all fancy stitches show up in the Homespun, so have better ideas about what stitches to use for future shawls.
Next I started another Tunisian shawl in a bright yellow Homespun, called Lemonade. I had planned to alternate 3 knit, 3 purl. However, the was too heavy with the Homespun yarn, so I used the Tunisian double crochet. BTW, I recently came across this double crochet description with the name Double crochet loop. Can't remember right now where that was. Don't know why they used this distinction. I'm about half way through this shawl already! The doubles work up very fast.
I came across a new basketweave pattern that I want to try. Most basketweaves use a square, this one is more rectangles.
"Basketweave Fiber Hug Shawl" The pattern is a knit pattern, but that converts to Tunisian easily. I'm thinking of getting some white sport weight and making one for the Shawl Ministry baptism shawls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home