Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, June 03, 2005

Crochet Fantasy Magazine

My daughter brought in the mail a few days ago, and told me I had a new crochet magazine. Since Crochet! had just arrived, I figured it was Annie's, but it was the summer issue of Crochet Fantasy. Wait, I didn't subscribe to this, maybe it's a free sample,hmmm. Wait, they were talking about it on CPlist, so I decided to check it out on the website, and signed up for a subscription.
DD#2 asked if I could make the sweater vest on the front cover, it would be perfect as a cover up on her cruise. Well, she's never wanted me to crochet something for her before. She hates when I sew for her, as I required her to try it on regularly. Well now she's asked, so I have to make it for her, right? Only she's leaving in about 36 hours, and don't know where to find the beautiful ribbon used in the pattern, and it's broomstick lace, haven't done that in years. Then she moves her leaving time up by 24 hours. Well, there's a project for the future.
The Crochet Fantasy magazine was great. Along with the pattern for the sweater vest in broomstick lace was a complete article, how to do basic stitches, simple projects of dishclothes to practice the stitches, and more complicated patterns - the vest and a cap worked in the round. The magazine was stuffed with great patterns, articles and ads. This subscription is a keeper!
"Crochet Fantasy homepage"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home