Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Organizing

I've sorted yarn into 6 more large tubs, and labeled the front of each. They are smack in the middle of the living room, until we can clean up some space in the basement. A footlock and 4 tubs have already made their way down. But, wouldn't you know, while sorting yarn I found things that go into at least 3 of the tubs that are already downstairs. So, now I have to take a large bag down, and finish sorting.

I've frogged an "exploration". I was trying a pineapple doily pattern to see how it would look in worsted weight yarn as a round afghan. Pretty, but not quite the look I was after. Maybe when I have more time to play, I will try it in a sport or fingering weight as a baby afghan. In fingering I have 10 skeins of mint, and 10 skeins of lilac that don't have a specific plan, yet. I have a pattern for a round baby afghan in fingering, and another in sport weight yarn, I'm hoping to make one of those up as an item for the county fair.

Looking for great reading in a blog? Check out the Crochet Dude "The Crochet Dude blog" I think I laughed myself silly reading about the yarn safari. He has some published patterns for sale, and quite a few free patterns. My favorites are the Ginko Bookmark, and the Pentagon Dishcloth.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 01, 2005, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

Hi Jane! I'm glad you stopped by the blog and enjoyed yourself. Have a great day! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home