Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, January 17, 2010

"You say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too--yeah"

For at least part of the day, that Beatles' song has been floating through my head. But I also thought about different people singing different songs for birthdays. My oldest brother's family sings The Eagles' Seven Bridges Road
"There are stars
In the Southern sky
Southward as you go
There is moonlight
And moss in the trees
Down the Seven Bridges Road"

And our two daughters have chosen Blessid Union of Souls' It's Your Day (Bronson's Song).
"It's your day
Colored pictures from the kid's
Across the way
And the animals are curious today
As if life is just a candle wish away
Wish away
It's your day
Candles burning more than you would like to say
Send the conversation way the other way
Did you find another silver line today
Or is it gray"

Is everyone one singing a birthday song now? We're singing because today was my birthday. I had a day filled with fun, family, friends, food, f f...no yarn, hooks, and beads. (All the fun things don't start with the letter f!) At Friday's event planning meeting, someone mentioned that there was a Hobby Lobby in Chambersburg. After much disbelief, discussing, and online searching, we found out that's true; and someone mentioned a trip for today. Then it was suggested that we go to the Yarn Basket, also. So 3 of us planned to meet at noon. Just before leaving the house, I got a call and the suggestion that we hadn't discussed whether we'd have lunch before meeting or while together, did I want to go to Panera Bread. So we met at Panera Bread for lunch, then to Yarn Basket. Fabulous store, we had a great time shopping and selecting yarns, booklets and buttons. The owner had recently pulled a lot of old patterns from the store selection and gave each customer a few in her bag. Then on to the Hobby Lobby, which was only 3 minutes down the road. They had a great collection of soft yarn. I think that we all agreed that "I Love This Yarn", my favorite might be "I Love This Cotton". We filled the cart with yarn and hooks, before venturing over to check out the beads and jewelry fixings. We each added beads to the cart, and a good selection of items needed for the Make It-Take It Project of the Gathering of the Guilds. We had talked about good ice cream shops while eating lunch, and found out in Hobby Lobby that there was an ice cream shop locally. We decided that would be the perfect ending to our birthday celebrating. And the custard we all selected in cones was delicious!

I arrived home to find that hubby had a cheesecake in the oven - birthday tradition. And a necklace from daughter #1. Then hubby offered to take me out to dinner, on the way we stopped at the mall, and he bought a necklace for me with a diamond pendant!

That's not enough birthday fun? At the restaurant, the server complimented me on the crocheted sweater I was wearing and said that she knew a few stitches, but wanted to learn more. I told her that I knew where she could do that, and gave her information about the Guild.

I hope that your birthday is as great as mine was!

1 Comments:

At Monday, January 18, 2010, Blogger Cindy said...

Wow, Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you ..... I think that was just a fabulous birthday and one which I would love to have. I can see why you enjoyed it so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home