Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, January 13, 2006

New magazines

This week I bought a new magazine, it's published by Woman's Own and it's titled 33 Super Easy Projects to Knit & Crochet! AFGHANS. I don't think I need super easy projects, but if we support the industry by buying the publications, they should keep publishing for us. The crochet patterns covered a great variety of styles - granny square, motif, ripple, mile-a-minute, mitered blocks, crochet with cross stitch design, afghan stitch. There is a gorgeous afghan called Reversible Rainbow that uses post stitches to create squares of colors on one side, and stripes on the other! In addition to afghans, there are pillows, ponchos and scarves. The majority of the patterns are crochet, and I think I would make every one of them. There are book and product reviews, how tos, charts of hooks and needles, links, articles such as how to create edges for afghans, and several contests.

I also bought a knitting magazine today. Our local Media Play is going out of business and everything is 50-70% off. So the magazine was less than $1.50! I may find some useful information in the articles, maybe an easy pattern I can try, but if all I do is drool over the pretty yarn ads it was still worth the price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home