Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, January 08, 2006




I just found an interesting way to use my scanner. I scanned the Pineapple doily (see below), then I clicked on edit, and adjust color. I then slid the button along the spectrum and the doily changed colors. It's a pale yellow, so the colors changed from pinks, to peach, to yellow, to spring green, to mint, to blues, to purple. Then I can slide the saturation button and make the pink into red, etc. It lets me look at this doily in different colors to decide what other colors I might like to make it.
Daughter #2 selected one of the doilies I made this summer and asked if I would make her one in red for her dorm room. The top picture is the doily I made in purple, the bottom is how it would look in red. By the Way - you can click on one of the pictures and get a full screen view of the doily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home