Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, January 13, 2006

Busy, busy

Well, don't you know it,...I have no idea where I filed that doily pattern, or where I got it in the first place. Will have to search again later.
Well, this has been a busy, fun week.
On Monday, I went to the Shawl Ministry gathering, we had about 3 dozen compeleted shawls and about 25 hats. Three people wanted help with how to put the Fun Fur round on, 1 on how to finish the ends, all the hats were great. Tuesday, I went to work and a co-worker & her daughter (my private lesson students) had 6 finished hats! That evening, daughter #2 asked if I could make her an afghan. I've been asking her for a year what color she wanted, but she kept saying she didn't want one. She took a stack of books, and leaflets to her room & selected about 8. Then we sat together and made a final decision on pattern and color.
On Wed. I finally got a chance to get to the PA State Farm Show, our equivalent to a State Fair. I had entered 3 items, my doily placed 2nd, the baby dress 2nd, and the matching booties 3rd. I'm very pleased with that. Wed. evening DH went with me to AC Moore and I bought the yarn for the afghan and got started on it almost immediately. Then she asks if I could make her a hat. Her boyfriend bought her a jacket for Christmas and a white Magic Scarf, so she wanted a white hat. Luckily I had bought 6 skeins of Homespun off eBay figuring it would make a nice shawl, or I might work it into an afghan design. I selected a pattern called Addison Hat, but had trouble trying to work stitches into stitches with the Homespun. I created my own hat, using shells, and working the next row of shells into the ch 2 space of the shell. I made it extra long, and turned up the last 3 rows, so it's doubled over her ears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home