Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Lace Guild

One of the booths that I checked out at the Farm Show was the Keystone Lace Guild. What caught my attention? The crocheted doily as part of the display of lace items including knit, and tatting. The books and patterns included Pauline Turner's book Crocheted Lace, you can check it out on Amazon here "Crocheted Lace: Techniques, Patterns and Projects"
I bought 2 balls of a beautiful crochet thread, it is Emmy Grande Lame from Olympus, evidently a Japanese company. The thread has a beautiful sparkle. I am looking for the perfect doily pattern. Something a little advanced, that would place well at the county fair and the state fair. I have yellow and lilac, so maybe something springy, Eastery, flowery,...pansies, irises, tulips,...

Along with information on the Lace Guild and their Red Dress Challenge, I picked up information on the Central PA Gathering of the Guild and Crafters' Market. It is Saturday, Feb. 25, from 9am to 4 pm, and included displays, demonstrations and workshops in all types of lace making methods including crochet. "Central PA Gathering of the Guilds" The lady I spoke with was interested in a chapter of the Crochet Guild of America being involved. I put the information out in the Professional group of CGOA and have had some email from a lady in the Three Rivers CGOA chapter. She may be able to get her guild in to display, if not there will be some individuals attending. I've got this on my Crochet Calendar things to do! Hope to see some of you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home