Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Monday, November 14, 2005

My student has selected her afghan pattern

Last week at our class, my student worked swatches of several more patterns and yarns. She made her final decision, She is going to make the Iowa Throw Afghan from Blue Ribbon Afghans from America's State Fairs. "Blue Ribbon Afghans at Amazon.com"
I taught her the front post double and back post double. She was going to go yarn shopping this weekend.

I don't agree with the reviewer who rates it expert only. Some of the patterns are easily accomplished even by a beginner, but it is not a "learn to crochet" book. In order words, they don't tell you how to make a single crochet or double crochet, but may have a pattern that is made only with these simple stitches. If you had a beginner's book to learn the stitches, or a beginner's knowledge of crochet, you could make many of the afghans in this book.

I went yarn shopping also. I bought the yarn for the afghan I'm making for a customer. I went with the idea of white, lavender and amethyst, but other yarn talked me into buying it instead. It's white, orchid, and dark orchid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home