Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, September 09, 2005

Exploring new software

One of the links I checked out today was for design software using symbols. Check it out here "Symbol Crochet software" I filled out a short survey about my crochet, and experience with computers, then downloaded the program. I am going to play around with the program this afternoon. I'd like to create a motif with a daisy-type center, then becoming a hexagon. I can do it with yarn and hook, and then I'm good at writing that into a pattern, but putting it into symbols, not my expertise. So let's see what I can learn about symbol crochet, computer software, and creating patterns.

If you're interested in learning more about symbols, here are some websites for you to explore:
"Daphne's Crochet Tutorial"
"Granny's Garrett symbol crochet"
"crochet symbols at Haas Design"

or check out some books and magazines that include symbols:
Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet
Crocheting in Plain English; Maggie Righetti
101 Crochet Stitches with international crochet symbols; Jean Leinhauser
Encyclopedia of 300 Crochet Patterns, Stitches, and Designs; Doris M. Smith
Crocheting for Dummies; Karen Manthey, and Susan Brittain
Crochet Your Way; Gloria Tracy and Susan Levin
The Harmoney Guides: 300 Crochet Stitches (Volume 6)
220 More Stitches (Volume 7)
Magazines
Magic Crochet
Crochet Fantasy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home