Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Practicing new stitches

Tonight I've been working on some new stitches from the Harmony Guides 300 Crochet Stitches, Volume 6. I love the Diamond Shell Trellis stitch. I started working in #10 thread because I thought it would make a nice table runner. However, I decided it might be easier to learn the stitch with a bigger hook and yarn, and when I've gotten it down I can move to the thread. Of course that gave me ideas for more projects!

I also received the latest issue of Talking Crochet with Carol Alexander. There was a short article on the Fiber Arts Market in CA, with a lot of pictures from the fashion show. Wow! Lots of great crocheting. The CGOA spring conference will be in CA in April, and the National in King of Prussia in July. That's alread on my calendar and I've started saving my money and planning what classes I want to take!
Talking Crochet also had a short survey about crocheting, and when I finished they gave me a pattern as a thank you. It's a mini purse, very cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home