Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Monday, August 29, 2005

Original afghan finished

I finished the afghan I started earlier this week. It's hunter green and soft white, in panels worked from side to side, so no joining to do. It's rows of double, half double and clusters. I decided on a simple edging of 1 row of half double, then a row of reverse crochet on the long green edges only. No border on the top and bottom, which are the ends of the stripes. I love it!
Took a short break, then started on a pillow top in soft white. I'm using the Tunisian shells and columns. Possibly my favorite Tunisian stitch, followed by a honeycomb, then Tunisian knit. I'm thinking of finishing a Tunisian baby sweater I started to design some time ago, the bodice in knit stitch, with the skirt potion in a shell pattern. Would need to design a bonnet and booties to match. We'll see.