Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, August 27, 2005

I've been busy crocheting, and not writing.

Early this week I decided to take a break from the afghans and try my hand at a Polish Star potholder. I've never tried this technique and it looked interesting. I made a blue and white potholder from Sugar and Cream. I'll enter it in the Fair, Usful kitchen item. When you work the first couple of rows of this, you have areal mess! I wondered how it was all supposed to come together to make a potholder, but it finished up very nicely.
Take a peek at the pictures in this blog, she has a shot at about the half way point, and the finished item. "Polish Star potholder"

Back to the afghan - I still was not happy with the hearts on the Tunisian afghan. Had completely about 2/3 of the first panel, out of 4. It was moving very slowly, because I was working from 4 balls of yarn at the same time. Decided I really wasn't happy enought with the design to spending so much time on them right now. School starts in about ten days! And the Fair registration deadline is tomorrow, with the Fair in about 3 weeks. Then this afghan for a wedding gift about the same time! So I started a new pattern, my own design. It's working up extremely fast! Like a Mile a Minute pattern. Now have to decide on a border, and "to fringe or not to fringe" that is the question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home