Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, August 19, 2005

Afghans in Progress

The purple afghan is working up very fast, still surprised at how soft this mill-end yarn is! I'm about half-finished.
My friend selected a hunter green and off-white for the afghan, and I puchased about 15 skeins of yarn. I started with a Tunisian design with hearts, but wasn't happy with the way it was working. Could it be the size I hook with a worsted weight yarn? I could have been crocheting a chalkboard, it was that stiff. I then tried a post stitch pattern, then another Tunisian with "long stitch". I think that's the stitch I "created" for my baby layette, need to check back on that pattern. Anyway, the 2 colors created a tweedy effect, but wasn't totally happy with that. I went back to the hearts but upped the Tunisian hook to an L. Love those Easy Tunisian Hooks! The hearts are not very heart-shaped. Is there a way to crochet a really nice heart?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home