Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Beautiful samples of Overlay Crochet

Dee's doing more cool things! Just read her journal daily "Crochet with Dee"
Today Dee has pictures of overlay crochet worked with beautiful summer colors of embroidery floss. What a sensational idea! Those are gorgeous.
I was thinking of taking the overlay square that I created in Melody's class at the Spring Conference and making it into a pillow. I think I mentioned that I was thinking of then entering it in the County Fair. But my daughter says the colors are hideous. Hey, the instructions for the class said to bring 6 or 8 colors of yarns, it didn't say we were going to use them all on the same project! Anyway, if I was to select 3 or 4 shades of the same color and use the pattern to make a pillow top. I could select those colors that will look good on my couch, and have a use for the pillows when the fair is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home