Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Tunisian cluster stitch


Yesterday was a busy day since both my girls are home at the same time for only a few more days. The 3 of us went out to see the new movie, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Crochet sighting! Then we went out to pick up the new Harry Potter book, we were at the book store from midnight to 2 am. I had plenty of time to check out all the crochet books. I didn't find any new ones that I just had to have. Well, I have purchased a lot of books in the past year!
Today I spent with hubby, getting necessities for his summer camp with the Boy Scouts. We started at a Scout store in Valley Forge, then headed to Cabela's in Hamburg, PA. On the way we saw a sign for the Daniel Boone homestead, so we stopped to check it out. We watched the movie, and walked around and saw the outside of several of the buildings. The next tour was too late for the rest of our trip. The parking lot at the Cabela's is huge, as is the building. I teased that they had a restaurant inside (on my mind, as we had plans to stop somewhere for lunch, and hadn't). We did a little shopping, smelled barbeque, and discovered the restaurant! So we had a late lunch/early dinner, then did more shopping. So I haven't really had crocheting time for two days.
I did have time to make up one swatch, here's the story...
Several people have complimented the baby afghan that I have posted a photo of on "the Tunisian Crochet Group" on Yahoo. The blanket is classic crochet done in a cluster stitch. The pattern is from The Best of Terry Kimbrough's Baby Afghans. The cluster stitch is one of my favorites, and have been getting compliments, so I decided to try to work out the stitch in Tunisian. Success! I will post it here and to the Tunisian group tomorrow when I've had some sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home