Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Progress

I finished the glitter shawl today. It is really beautiful, daughter is thrilled and it's packed in the suitcase. She leaves for Europe tomorrow!
I wrote the directions for the Tunisian cluster stitch and posted them and scanned pictures to the Yahoo Tunisian crochet group of which I'm a member.
While watching tv last night I frogged the ruffle on a baby blanket that's been on hold. I think that I'm going to skip the double ruffle of the pattern and add a simple border. It is for a boy, blue and white, so want something a little less frilly.
I bought the Jan/Feb issue of Piecework magazine off their website, it was mentioned on Crochet Partner's message board. I enjoyed reading some articles on the history of handmade gifts during the 1930's, blackwork stitchery, shawls of a community in Ecuador, sweaters from a village in Finland and Tunisian crochet. The sweaters combine intricate crochet designs with knitting. They are made in a group, somewhat like a quilting bee, the work is passed so that each woman works her best part on each sweater. The Tunisian article has a small purse designed by Kathleen Power Johnson. I took an excellent class with her at the Spring Conference in Valley Forge this spring. The purse in a clutch type, and the pattern is easy to work, but very detailed. I see a project in the future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home