Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Library book sale

I was at the library for a MathCounts session with some students, and on the way out noticed they had magazines for sale. I started casually flipping through them, and found a lot of pattern books, cross-stitch, knit and crochet.
I picked out a Red Heart booklet "Lustersheen Classics to Knit and Crochet". There are 5 sweater patterns, 3 knit and 2 crochet. One of those is a nice looking cardigan. Next a Red Heart booklet "Elegant Classics to Knit and Crochet", this has a sweater jacket that is fabulous. Very Classy. Patterns in both books have directions for size 10-12, 14-16, and 18-20.
I also picked up 2 "Knitting Digest". Why? you ask. Jane, you don't knit. Well, the Sept 1997 issue has a pattern for a Rose Garden Afghan, complete with a graph. I can use this to create the afghan in Tunisian crochet. It also has a baby's "Rainbow Crib Cover" made with a simple stitch that I think will convert easily to Tunisian. The July 1998 issue has a beatiful top called "Ripple Lace Tee". I love the stitch design, I'd like to try this in Tunisian, but it does not look easy. There is also a baby afghan called "Baby Love Blanket" that is white with hearts in pink, blue, green, peach and lilac. Graph! This is another future Tunisian project!
At 25 cents apiece, a definite bargain. PAS, Pattern Aquisition Syndrome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home