Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Another Shawl Completed

Well, I decided to add the orange/brown funky yarn to the Homespun shawl. It looks really great, and it's definitely a one of a kind. My own Tunisian design with Homespun and this yarn. It has a thin thread with oval shapes, they look like seed pods. Colors - off white, tan, brown, orange. I finished the shawl on Sunday, in time to take it to the group get-together Monday evening.
I'll take a picture, then post it here.
I started on a baby blanket (friend's request) with the DK weight yarn I bought at the conference. It is white with blue and has a little shimmer. I swatched about a dozen stitch patterns before I selected the present design. Started with a mitered square, since I learned it in a conference class. Then swatched a double in Tunisian. I liked both, but wasn't sure they showed the yarn in it's best light. Then tried some other crochet stitches, finally decided on a shell pattern from Terry Kimbrough book. The body of the afghan and a top ruffle will be done with the white/ blue, then there is an under-ruffle I'll do in blue. It has a mesh before the 2 ruffles to weave in a satin ribbon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home