Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Monday, April 04, 2005

CGOA Regional Conference

I'm home from the conference. Tired, behind in school work, but oh so happy!
I left Wednesday evening for King of Prussia, where I had a room at the Scanticon. The Scanticon hotel, the Radisson hotel and the Valley Forge Convention Center are connected and the CGOA conference and the KGOA (Knitting Guild) was spread from one end to the other.
A Fiber Arts Market was in the lower level of the Convention Center. Talk about a Drool and Pet session! Beautiful yarns, hooks, needles, handblown glass buttons, books, patterns, totes, yarn winders, everything you can think of relating to fiber arts.
Classes were held in conference rooms at each end of the two hotels. Sometimes you had a 10 minute (I'm tempted to say 10 mile)walk from one activity to the next. I attended six 3-hour classes and one 6-hour class - 24 hours of classes on crochet!!
Then there were Breakfast/Fashion Shows, lunches, evening Banquets, Meet the Designers, celebrity auctions, door prizes,...
If you have the opportunity, think seriously about attending. I've been crocheting for more than 40 years, and I still learned a lot of new stitches, new techniques, new tips and tricks, I made new friends, and even got two new nicknames (hope one doesn't stick. I'd be okay to be known as "The Tunisian Lady". But there are a lot of famous designers in Tunisian who should already have that title. I did talk about Tunisian every chance I got. Tunisian is often maligned by crocheters the same way crochet is maligned by knitters. We need to spread the word about the marvelous fabrics you can create with Tunisian.
Anyway, I will need to go into details at another time. I'm 4 1/2 days behind in "school work". I teach tomorrow and I used my lesson plan/grading papers time at the conference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home