Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, March 25, 2005

Ultimate Book of Potholders

Today's mail brought another eBay purchase, the Ultimate Book of Potholders, so this evening I listened to a PBS special on music of the 60's and made a hot pad. The pattern is a rectangle with a heart, it was done in single crochet, made with a graph. So, of course, I did it in Tunisian crochet. I think this is my first project made with a graph. I feel a little more confident about tackling those picture afghans. The one I really want to do is bluebells and bluebirds.
I purchased this book mainly for some scalloped hotpads. My Mother-in-Law was recently showing me some that were made by her mother, or aunt; and she loves to use them. So I thought I might make her more in the same pattern. The pattern in the book uses worsted weight cotton, but MIL's were done in thread, possibly #3 or #5. Will look at colors available next time I'm at one of the yarn places I frequent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home