Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

So much to write, so little time

There is so much to write about, but I don't have a lot of time today. Leaving for the CGOA Regional conference in King of Prussia this evening and need to finish packing.
I finished the honeycomb purse out of TLC Heathers light denim. Carried it on several errands on Thursday and didn't get any notice. But at a family dinner on Sunday it was noticed the minute I walked in the door!
WIM - I'd now like to use this pattern with black and silver glitterspun and a black satin ribbon, then add a crocheted flower out of black satin ribbon.
We spent the weekend at my in-laws. I had plenty of time to crochet while visiting. On Saturday evening I finished the shawl I was making in Tunisian double, out of the blue/brown Bernat Boucle. It is incredibly soft. I decided to add a small border, so I single crocheted down one long side, decreasing about 10 stitches in the center so that it added a slight shaping at the neck. I decided to add a shell style border around the other 3 sides, it took only a little playing around to get a great border. Got lots of compliments on the shawl Sunday also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home