Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

What's in the mail today?

The mail man continues to bring gifts every day. I think he deserves a little gift, or maybe I deserve that, because I continue to buy such great things on eBay!
I received the pattern book "The Second Afghan Hook Book: Classic Looks in Berella by Bernat". Originally published in 1967, the colors are so 60's, and some of the styles seem so "Jackie". There are a lot of the patterns that are definitely classics, including a v-neck sweater for boys and men, a sweater that looks like a school blazer (that looks good on the girl as well as the boy in the photos), and the cardigan. I've been looking for a good cardigan pattern in Tunisian! There is also a mock turtleneck sweater that could be a WIM.
I also received the pattern for an afghan with a victorian fan design - hmmm, new design in purple for the studio fund raiser? By the Way, the first "It's all About the Purple Afghan" that I made for the studio and donated for a fund raiser brought in more than $300! I'm already thinking about a design for a fund raiser for this year.
Yesterday's mail brought a pattern a "purse collection", a crocheted cover for checkbook, and credit card holder, and a glasses case. These would be great items to go in my honeycomb purse!
Next, there was the book for the CGOA National Conference in Oakland California in July. If it was being held while #1 daughter was still in San Diego, my husband might have considered a dual purpose trip. Well, this year a Regional right here in PA, maybe next year a Regional and a National!
Then the best mail! My Sonshapes hook arrived! (See post of Friday,March 25) This hook is absolutely gorgeous, and the finish is super smooth, even better than most aluminum hooks. And all this time I was worrying about wooden hooks snagging the yarn. And, the throat shape is the one I prefer, this hook was wonderful on the small swatch that I just had to try. I am "hooked" on wooden hooks now. I have bids on 2 more hooks, one is from vermont_woodwork. It is purple with a round bead with a rose on it, size H. The second is from Graydog, it is made of purpleheart with an amethyst flower and heart. Being a Graydog, the cost will probably rise out of my range. I can dream, can't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home