Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Basketweave pattern in Tunisian

I love basketweave designs in knit, however, I have rarely seen a nice looking basketweave in crochet. Today I came across a website and a pattern called MaryM's Goofy Basket 'Ghan. I think this pattern is unique, it's definitely not the usual. It is worked in Tunisian knit and purl, but not like I've tried it, working the entire width of the project in basketweave one row at a time. In this pattern you create one square, turn the square and work another square. It was so much fun, and a very nice looking basketweave. I made a rectangle 5 squares x 6 squares, it's approximately 8 1/2 x 11 inches. Then edged it in two rows of single crochet. A very pretty finished piece, and it's only going in my swatch book. I do feel a baby afghan coming in this fun method.

"MaryM's Goofy Basket 'Ghan"
Adding to the fun today was the use of my new wooden afghan hook. It is a size I and about 9 inches long. Nice light weight and a nicely shaped throat, great to work with.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 24, 2007, Blogger Sônia Maria said...

Hi!
I love squares!
This is one love...
Hugs for you,
Sônia Maria
www.falandodecrochet.blogspot.com
www.bijouxdasonia.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home