Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Great Mail day

Well. I would have been happy just with that big box of colorful yarn that came by way of the UPS man this morning, but the mailman brought more goodies. I got the new Annie's Attic catalog, I went through it briefly, will thinking about ordering all kinds of things. Then I got the May issue of Crochet! magazine, lots of patterns involving pineapples. I love pineapples, in crochet that is. There are several articles involving the history of pineapples in crochet, will need to find time for reading those tomorrow. Any crocheter would be happy with those 3 items, but there's more,...a box with the crochet hook that I won on eBay. It is a thin, but long wooden hook; I think it's an H, will do some intense swatching. It is light, smooth, very well turned, an attractive hook. It has the throat cut that I prefer, I did a little bit of swatching with fingering yarn and sportweight. I did some classic crochet and some Tunisian. It's going to nice working with it.
I should check eBay and see how things are coming on several other hooks on which I'm bidding. I bid on a beautiful blue Graydog hook, but you know that that's going to go way out of my price range. I also bid on a beautiful hook that is a medium wood tone with sapphire colored wood, then silver work and blue beads. No one else is bidding on that, hope it stays that way. Both of these hooks have 6 more days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home