Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, March 18, 2005

On-line Discount Yarn company

Wow! What fast service. I ordered yarn online from Smiley's Yarn "Smiley's Yarns"
I placed the order on Wednesday afternoon, and the yarn arrived on Friday morning!
Add that kind of fast service to the very low prices, ...I'll definitely order from this company again.
They have 3 oz skeins of Red Heart Worsted for 77 cents. Now, I don't usually bother with 3 oz skeins, buy those 8 oz Super Savers or the 1 pounders. You usually need more yarn than that for most projects, and you can always use the leftovers for swatching, working new stitches, squares for a sampler afghan, or blocks for Warm Up America. I bought some 3 oz skeins in a color called Parakeet, it's a turquoise. I wanted it for a beautiful afghan called Fresh Flowers in the 40 Favorite Ripple Afghans book.
Then they had Homespun for $2.99! The stores usually have it priced at $5.99, a great sale sometimes has it for about 4 or 4.50. So I bought some purple/white and some green, enough of each for a shawl.
Then I selected a sportweight yarn in a royal blue for another Must Have Blouse. It's called Cervinia Genova, imported from Italy. The 1 3/4 oz skeins were only $1.00 each. That's less than $12 for a handmade top. Great bargain!

1 Comments:

At Sunday, May 20, 2007, Blogger Lex said...

Hi! How did you like the Cervinia Genova? I am considering ordering some from Smiley's, but want to see how it "rates" first. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home