Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm burying myself in paperwork

I'm quite used to having piles of paper on the top of my computer desk, list of things to do, files of things that I'm working on, reminders, crochet patterns, print outs of yarns that I'd like to pet at the lys, etc.

Right now the files are piling up. Along with the Conference paperwork, and the normal household notes (grocery list, calendars, reminders of errands); I usually have a pattern that I'm checking, or research on a topic for the CGOA. I'm one of the email correspondents. I also have a folder on the CGOA's Master of Advanced Stitches and Techniques; I've started doing portfolio reviews.

Of course, that's not all...I also have 2 binders for the Craft Yarn Council's Certified Instructors Program (CYCA CIP). The swatches are in zip lock bags with an index card, then all the small bags are in a large zip lock. The legal pad with notes is inside one binder, until I get them typed and proof-read. I also have a file for the Knitters' Day Out, I'm teaching a class on Tunisian. The file has email correspondence, contract, lesson plans, scribbled notes to be added to the lesson plan, pattern to be copied and given to students. After the conference, I will finalize the lesson plan, make copies, and organize the swatches and samples which are in a rolling suitcase right now.

I have a stack of folders with information on different colleges, a folder with transcript information on colleges that I've attended, and a folder on scholarships. That's right, I don't have enough to do, I'm going back to college to finish that Bachelor's degree.

I'm made a general TO DO list on the computer, and I routinely update it & email that to myself. But, I've also created a spreadsheet to help with the push that will come before the Conference. Each night I jot a note about what I've accomplished that day (many days, not enough!), but I'm hoping that it will help me to keep things in focus.

I have emailed my Mom with the instructions that if she doesn't hear from me for a lengthy period, that she should have someone come to the house and move books, folders, patterns, and envelopes and make sure that I'm still alive under all the paperwork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home