Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Tip - Border for granny square afghans

I'm very busy "behind the scenes" right now. I have a lot of reading, writing, editing, etc while trying to get our spring weekend crochet event up and running. I can't write very much here about that, and it would be rather boring to the average reader, so I'm looking for fun things to share.

"Here" is a great blog entry about adding borders to granny square afghans and a tip to make the border smooth. I think that it's a great tip.
While there, look closely at the lovely yarn she's using in this afghan. The colors are lovely, the yarn is smooth and has a little sheen. In the close up photo, you can see each strand in the plied yarn, which makes me think that it might be Microspun.

2 Comments:

At Sunday, January 31, 2010, Blogger Cindy said...

You have a really good blog. Thank you for sharing your crochet meanderings with us.

 
At Monday, February 01, 2010, Blogger Akiyo Kano said...

Hi Jane, thank you so much for mentioning my blog in your wonderful blog :)

The yarn is Patons Smoothies in pink, natural, lilac, lemon, mint, and foam. They are 100% acrylic, but they doesn't feel or look it. They are my favourite yarn to work with.

Thank you again :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home