Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Learn to Crochet

Today our church's shawl ministry held a "Learn to Crochet and Learn to Knit" workshop. We had a great turnout, and great "teacher" to student ratio. Some people worked one-on-one, but I had a group of 5 - some totally new to crochet and some just needing a refresher. I had prepared a 10 page handout of simple instructions, and had plenty of hooks and worsted weight yarn to demonstrate. I also got the chance to show some basic Tunisian stitches.
I had the chance to talk about the up-coming Gathering of the Guilds, and our Chapter's Crocheters' Weekend in April.
The workshop was such a success that afterwards we talked about holding another one.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, January 24, 2010, Blogger Cindy said...

That is just so wonderful! I would love to learn how to teach crochet and what you use for beginner's info. That's fantastic that there are some new crocheters out there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home