Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Special Olympics scarves update

I made one last quick scarf on Tuesday evening, picked up another on Wednesday and packed up 15 scarves from the group.

Our next project is finishing up little hats for the Knit One/Save One campaign of Save the Children and Warm Up America. I made 4 hats tonight while watching tv. I used the Tulip hat pattern from Dee's blog. It's a beautiful little hat and works up fast. These 4 hats are made in Bernat Satin Sport and Caron Simply Soft, I used a G hook, eliminated one round of increases, and then adjusted the edging just a little bit. The 2 Tulip hats I made earlier are in a cotton and soy blend, so I can't send these to the Knit One/Save One, they will be going to a local charity.



The colors aren't exactly accurate, the green is actually a light sage/seafoam shade, and the red is a pure, primary red.
I'm really excited about how cute and soft these hats are, keep this pattern handy for future charity projects!

2 Comments:

At Friday, January 09, 2009, Blogger Christine said...

These little hats are soo cute. I've been looking for a pattern for a baby hat so I can make some to donate to the local hospital. Thanks for sharing. I'll check out that other blog for the pattern.

 
At Saturday, January 10, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pattern is by Dee Stanziano, her blog is here:
http://www.crochetingwithdee.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home