Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, July 04, 2008

Serendipity

Tonight we're going to discuss the word serendipity, according to Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary (note to self, buy an up-to-date dictionary), serendipity is "the gift of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for".
When we were homeschooling this used to happen all the time. We'd be working on a unit and "discover" something that had been right around the corner all the time, and we'd never noticed it. Sometimes I wondered if luck, or something had caused someone to mention a book, magazine, museum exhibit or something else that just happened to be related to what we were working on; or maybe we were just more likely to notice the item because it's what we were studying.
What does this have to do with my crocheting? Well today I was reading blogs that I read regularly, and one directed me so several of the author's favorite blogs. Lo and behold, I found that I was reading the blog of the man who designed the Patch House edging. Check out The Panopticon on blogspot.com - I'd give you the link, but they still haven't reviewed this blog and declared that I'm not some program that's creating a "spam blog". Now I'm going back to finish reading, and find out about Amy, who's allergic to wool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home