Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

New Bernat Jr. Jacquards

Today's mail brought my order of Bernat Jr. Jacquards in a new colorway called Grape Juice. It's white, with purple and pink. It's lovely and I'm itching to grab a Tunisian hook and start swatching! But it is 2 am, and I do need to get a little sleep. Tomorrow is the first tech rehearsal for the recital. I'm going to be getting the parent volunteers and the dancers "signed in". I may have some odds & ends jobs to do, also.
At tonight's "Crochet in Public" at Borders, I brought along the perfect project. I took the Royal Garden doily, the row I had started was double in each treble, and in each chain space. The next row was double in each double. I was able to chat with the ladies, look at the other projects in the works, answer questions, and still not mess up the project that I was stitching on. Bonus! I have about 7 rows left on the doily, then find a small pearl bead to sew on the center of the flower. This is a pretty doily, and easy,... except for that round 6!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home