Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Spam blogging?

Blogger has identified my blog as a possible Spam Blog. These evidently "can be recognized by their irrelevant, repetitive, or nonsensical text, along with a large number of links, usually all pointing to a single site."

I guess non-crocheters might consider that my blog has "nonsensical text". Most crocheters will find it makes complete sense. Same goes for the "irrelevant" identification. Maybe it was the "repetitive" content? Did I say double crochet one too many times?

Anyway, I've asked for a review, a real human has to read my blog to make sure that it's been created by another real human, and I guess make sure it's not too "nonsensical".

They use this "Word Verification" system, where you have to type the letters that you see. I guess that's also so they know that a human is doing the typing. However, I find this system less than perfect, I put on my glasses and try to figure out what letters and numbers they've squished on top of each other. Then I take off my glass and squint at the letters. Sometimes I have to admit that the "eye doctor" chart really doesn't contain real English alphabet letters, hit the enter key and hope that the next set of letters is more readable. Hey humans, can you come up with a better system?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home