Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

National Crochet Month

March is National Crochet Month
During the month crocheters are going to do what they can to promote crochet.
For my part:
I will try to post at least a few sentences every day in March
I will crochet in public
I will search on line for new techniques, new stitches and new patterns to share
I will review magazines, books and patterns
I will frequently wear something I've crocheted
I will crochet as much as I can

I've gotten some great books from the library, bought some new books, new magazines, and some self-published patterns. Hoping to get reviews, soon.

Crochet Partners will be celebrating with puzzles, contests, and other fun things. Last year there were crossword puzzles, word searches, biographies,... "Crochet Partners"

Crochet Guild of America is offering Free Patterns during the month.
"CGOA"

Today's pattern is a pretty Lattice Diamond Square. I think I'll practice this pattern, adapt it into a 7 x 9 rectangle and make one for Warm Up America. "Warm Up America"

Look at some pretty blankets at Dee's site "Crochet with Dee"