Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Gathering of the Guilds

I told you in January about going to the Farm Show and visiting the booth of the Keystone Lace Guild. I was attracted to the booth by the crocheted doily displayed front and center with a knitted doily and a tatted doily. I talked to the lady and the booth and was treated as a fellow lace maker. I was impressed, and interested in attending some meetings of the Lace Guild locally.
Today was the Central PA Gathering of the Guilds, there were displays by all types of fiber guilds - embroidery, cross stitch, smocking, quilting, spinning, knitting,...but not a crochet guild. I definitely want to see CGOA represented properly next year.
They also had Make It and Take It workshops, small items that were easy to do and could be finished in a short time. Some of the items were very cute, others didn't impress me; but I understand how the time and ability requirements limit the possible projects. I've started thinking about a possible workshop project before we've gotten a local guild chapter.
If we're interested in a local chapter of CGOA, leave a comment. I'm interested in starting one.