Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Items purchased at the Gathering today

The Crochet A Long group started a "Blue Doily" from the March 2003 Crochet! magazine. I wanted to try this also, but started getting the magazine about Aug of 2003. So I looked at the books and magazines at the Gathering today, very little crochet because no crochet group there. Anyway, there were only 2 Crochet! magazines, and one was March 2003, snatched that up for a quarter! I also picked up 3 more balls of that Emmy Grande Lame thread. I had bought 1 in lilac and 1 in yellow at the Lace Guild booth at the Farm Show, not knowing what I was going to make but thought it would make a lovely doily. I started a doily, but the yarn is just too nice for a doily. It is gorgeous and would make a lovely doily, but the thread has 4% Spandex which gives it a nice gentle stretch which would be totally wasted on a doily. I started a swatch with the yellow using the spiderweb design. I thought it might make a nice bodice for a baby dress or sweater. It's absolutely wonderful, but the pattern is too deep for a baby bodice. I'm thinking a motif band at the bottom of a summer top. But making the entire top of this thread would be too expensive. Will keep thinking. Today, they had a little more of the Emmy thread, 1 of lilac and 2 of pink, so I bought them. I've found a website with the thread for sale, so if I decide what I might make, I know where to find it.
"Handy Hands Tatting"