Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, March 03, 2006

Crochet Day

Today was a crochet day! It began with a visit to the Dr. while waiting in the exam room I started on a new doily. When the Dr. came in, she complimented the doily & the scarf I was wearing and asked a lot of questions.
After that I browsed at Joann's Fabric while getting a prescription filled. I was immediately drawn to a ball of soft yarn that was the color of a creamsicle. It was Bellezza Dolcetto, and is a wool/nylon/cotton blend. It's unbelievably soft! I am allergic to wool, and can't wear wool/nylon blends especially, but I'm thinking of trying a small project in this yarn. But I'm thinking that with approximately 130 yards per ball, it would take a lot to make anything substantial, like a baby afghan. It would make some comfy booties! "Bellezza Dolcetto"
After lunch I went to the library for the weekly crochet lesson. My stuents are a co-worker and her pre-teen daughter. Today they thought they'd like to learn some Tunisian, as my friend wants to make a Prayer Shawl like the one I'm currently working. I'm using Homespun in the Barrington color, which is purple with some jade/teal specks. Check out the beautiful Homespun colors at the Lion Brand website "Lion Brand Homespun"
A little girl came over and asked us what we were making, and a gentleman asked if we were learning anything.
After that I went out to Border's to get together with a fellow crocheter I met through the Crochet Partners list. She was working on a gorgeous Valentine's Day doily from a Leisure Arts booklet Holiday Table Toppers. Check it out at Purple Kitty "Holiday Table Toppers"
I worked on the doily I started in the morning. We drank coffee and talked for 3 hours.
A full day of crocheting in public!