Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Catching Up & Crocheting in Public

Tuesday evening I went to the local Michaels, I think they call it Sit N Stitch. There were about 10 ladies all knitting, crocheting, and chatting. I did take some patterns to swatch & attempt to convert, was not happy with any of the results. But I still love trying.
Thursday, I stopped at WalMart and found the amethyst yarn I was looking for. Wonder why Michaels and AC Moore don't carry this color?
Tonight I finished another doily, and started the third in a set. I've never done a set before, always individual doilies. But this is a set to be gifted.
Still looking at yarn in the stores and online, and thinking about what to use for the Jiffy Jacket that's the latest garment project on the CAL.
"Crochet-a-long"
Looking at Caron's Simply Soft in Country Blue, or Berry Blue, or Bernat Satin, Sapphire, Lapis, Lagoon, Decisions, decisions.