Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Shopping & thinking about next projects

I'm getting a little behind in postings, but it's been busy.
Younger daughter, M, came home for spring break. We've been catching up with news, shopping, and cooking. We stopped at Michael's on Sunday to see if they had any amethyst yarn for the afghan I've started. It's going to be in many shades of purple. I told her that I was planning to make a sweater next, and asked what color she'd recommend. I would have chosen a heathery-blue, but so much that I do for myself is blue. I wear a lot of blue. Anyway, she selected Simply Soft Country Blue, my first choice, too. Then she said for herself, she'd choose another blue & pointed to it. I had to laugh at her, she selected Dark Country Blue. Will probably use the country blue, and if it comes out nicely, I'm going to the yarn shop and getting something a little fancier.
While shopping today, we saw a cute little spring/summer sweater. It was spring greeen, 3/4 length sleeves, very open "crochet-look". I think it was some machine work that "resembled" crochet. I tried it on, and it barely came to the waistband of my jeans. When will this short shirt fad be over? It's bad enough that the designers all seem to be going for short body in the shirts & sweaters, they assume that the average woman is about 5'2". You should see how this looks when those of us over 5'8" try to find a top long enough. Well, that means I have to design a spring/summer cardigan to go over a t-top.