Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Monday, September 19, 2005

Afghan, swatching, color choices

Last night and tonight I've been playing around with swatching some colors and stitches for a new afghan project. It "bugs" me that the variegated yarn is so much thinner than the solid colors of the same brand of yarn. I'll have to try holding 2 strands of it together, but think the colors might "muddle" a little more than I'd like. I tried holding a strand of soft white with the variegated, and love how it muted the colors, but it is a little too thick. I wonder if I can find this soft white in a sport weight?
So far I have daisies in cornmeal and soft white, with ripples of soft white, buff, warm brown and aspen print variegated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home