Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

FIRE HAZARD - Yarn Recalled

Sirdar yarn has issued a recall on their Fizz yarn.
"Sirdar yarn recall"
Another yarn recalled because of fire hazard. Bernat Fur Out
"Bernat yarn recall"

This is a good time to remember to be careful with all fabrics and flames. In this cold weather I frequently have an afghan or shawl wrapped around me. When that tea kettle whistles I have to remember to keep my wraps pulled tight and away from the hot burner, it's electric, no open flame, but you never know what might flare up. Did you know that uncooked spaghetti is highly flammable? It surprised me when I dropped one on the burner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home