Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fair Isle in Crochet

I absolutely love the look of Fair Isle. Look at the lovely designs that Karen Ratto Whooley has created in single crochet. These designs are in a book titled Fair Isle for Crochet. I bought this book recently and would love to dive into one of the designs. I think that my favorite afghan is the lovely snowflakes on light blue. Beautiful!

Hmmm...maybe rather than jumping into a full afghan project (which I don't have the time for now), I could take one snowflake motif and work it into a square or rectangular block for a Warm Up American block. Tomorrow I'll spend some time with the book again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home