Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's Official!

I can finally tell you a little about a project which has been taking up some of my spare time...The CGOA has created a book of patterns from members of the Board of Directors. We each designed a project and wrote the pattern, which then went to editors. After the projects were finished, we each sent our project off to Cari Clement at Caron, where they were professionally photographed. That had me very excited! I've been very tight-lipped, which is hard for me. I told my Mom that I had a project sent to a professional photo shoot, but no details, even after she emailed and asked for more details. I'll send her an email to check out this blog post.

If you join CGOA this year, or if you're already a member and you renew your membership, you'll receive a copy of the booklet. The full booklet will be debuted at the Chain Link Conference in Manchester next week. But we can give you a little tempting peak... Here's the cover photos...


Here's my design, a neck warmer in Tunisian Honeycomb pattern:

Doesn't that picture look fabulous!

I've seen a preview of the full booklet, and it's amazing. If you haven't renewed your membership, or if you've been dragging your feet about joining the CGOA, it's time to join or renew. This fabulous pattern book is only a taste of all the great benefits of the Crochet Guild of America (CGOA)!

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 29, 2010, Blogger melicity said...

Thanks for the info on the diamond shawl pattern. I ordered it the same day I got the info from you and just finished it over the weekend. I LOVE it and I know my BFF will, too. :) The one I made is for her but it was so easy and beautiful that I immediately got more yarn to make some for myself.

Can you recommend an EASY sock pattern? I can't knit and would love to be able to crochet a pair of socks for myself.

 
At Tuesday, June 29, 2010, Blogger Jane's Hooked on Crochet said...

I'm glad you liked the pattern. It was quick & easy, wasn't it? I'm tempted to make another one, also.

I'd recommend that you check out Crocheted Socks! 16 Fun-to-Stitch Patterns by Janet Rehfeldt and Mary Jane Wood. Along with the fabulous patterns, there's information about fitting, sizing, gauge & basic construction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home