Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I can tell that the holidays are over...

People have finished the cleaning, decorating, planning, cooking, baking, shopping, wrapping, more cleaning, etc and they've settled down to their crochet again.
How do I know this? I answer crochet questions on "AllExperts", as an instructor and moderator on "Ravelry's Learn Crochet" group, and as one of the email Correspondents for the CGOA. After several months of only occasional questions, I'm getting several emails every day. There's a lot of work involved, but I love to research, and I love to help others learn more about my favorite craft, and I'm learning some interesting things, also.
I've been answering questions about abbreviations in patterns, starting chains, turning chains and free loops, I've explained how to do post stitches, and located clear & correct videos of the stitches. I've hunted down information about the history of crochet, Bosnian crochet and Tunisian. I've made recommendations of good learn to crochet books and my favorite crochet magazines.
Now to get back to my crochet projects, searching for the perfect summer top pattern, looking for new natural fiber yarns, and making items for a library display.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home