Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Eye Candy

Here's some very pretty crochet work...evening and wedding gowns for Barbie fashion dolls. Sometimes I get the urge to do a gown like this, then I think "what would I do with it?" But, sometimes before the county fair, I think about crocheting a dress for a doll, and then doing a doll cake in a matching dress. Wouldn't that be fun? I'd really have to plan ahead and start early. I have won ribbons in both categories at fairs before.

Off the crochet topic, a student at the dance studio brought in a Barbie today. It's the first official Alvin Ailey doll, in honor of the 50th anniversary of the modern dance company. This is a beautiful doll in a lovely white dress. Check it out "here"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home