Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Needlecrafter's Computer Companion

Wow, this book by Judy Heim sounds like a must have, but the description is just basic. It would be helpful if someone who has the book would write a great review of the book.
I just did the sneak peek offered on Amazon, and I'm very excited about the book. The beginning chapters deal with the computer, hardware, software, Internet service providers, and everything else. It is written for those who may not be familiar with all the various parts, names, etc, without calling us Dummies. Next chapters deal with various needlecrafts - sewing, quilting, cross-stitch, embroidery and knitting are mentioned in various chapter headings. I did find that tatting, lacemaking, weaving, and crochet are covered by browsing the Index. It's fun to find .gif files, Internet Protocol, Netiquette, and Graphing Patterns for crochet in the same index! Some other items of interest: Yarn, calculating needs for sweater pattern, Information on Internet, Inventory Software; Craft Stores on World Wide Web; Printer, Inkjet vs laser, buying; fractals.
In the meantime, I wonder if Borders has a copy so that I can get my hands on it. I haven't seen it the last few times I've browsed the knitting, crochet, sewing, other needlearts section. Wait I found it on Amazon, New for 19 cents! With shipping and handling, it's under $5.00, so it's in my cart. I wonder if that includes the software disk?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home