Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Doily completed

I finished the doily Monday evening and blocked it. I had been thinking about making a second one, to send my sister a matching set. Faith gave me 2 balls of the thread. Unfortunately, I ran out of thread with less than 50 stitches left of the last round, so I used part of the second ball. There would be no way to make another one exactly the same. Now I will have to find a smaller doily that I want to make. It would be a good idea to look for something current, a lot of the antique patterns have little information about gauge, amount of thread needed, finished size, etc.
I need to make some notes on the pattern of hook size used, thread size & amount,
and finished size. I'll take some pictures and hope to get them up soon.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,
If you're looking for a good source of "endless" thread, give WEBs a visit -- they sell it on various sized cones & many times you can catch them having a good sale.
~Dee

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Like both of the doilys you have done...very beautiful. I am interested in doing some for my parents. Could you please tell me where you found the patterns for both of them? Can email me at kitten1955@hotmail.com
Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home