Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Four Square Doily completed

This morning I decided that I definitely was going to run out of thread and started thinking about what color to make the last 2 rounds. I knew it would be very difficult to find more of this aqua, I haven't seen it in the stores except for the one time I bought this ball. So I looked in my tub of thread - light and dark shades of blues, greens, purples, yellow, peach, shaded yellow, variegated pastels, a woodsy variegated browns & greens,...I knew that white wasn't going to work, so thought about the yellow and peach, but not too sure. Then I decided to check out the variegated blue, purple, green; at first I thought it wasn't going to work either, but unwrapped several feet and ran the thread across the top of the doily, then I slowly pulled it across and looked at all the colors against the aqua, when I got to the greens I was surprised to find out that it was a perfect match. Tonight was Sit N Stitch at Michaels, and I worked on round 16, then after coming home I finished up round 17. It needs some serious blocking, which is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

What do you think?

2 Comments:

At Thursday, August 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!
it's beautiful, Jane!! :)
~Dee

 
At Friday, August 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its beautiful! i would love to have the pattern to make my own can you email me where you got it or the pattern itself? mystikalie@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home